- Review recent recommendations and guidelines regarding PSA-based prostate cancer screening in regards to which men should be considered for shared decision making
- Assess different methods of screening patients for prostate cancer, including age ranges, frequency of screening, and novel biomarkers (e.g. prostate health index, kallikrein-based score)
- Consider limitations of current prostate biopsy techniques and potential advantages/disadvantages of MRI and MRI-informed biopsies
- Understand the potential role, value, and limitations of novel tissue-based prognostic biomarkers for men newly diagnosed with very low-risk, low-risk, or intermediate-risk prostate cancer
- Examine recent clinical trial data and consensus statements to guide management of men with castrate-resistant metastatic prostate cancer
- Name the signs and symptoms of Peyronie’s disease to better understand the role of observation and spontaneous resolution of penile curvature prior to recommending treatments
- Compare the results of surgical and injection therapies in treatment of Peyronies disease to identify appropriate candidates for collagenase injection therapy
- Describe the ICD-10 coding system that will be implemented in 2015 to identify potential challenges that will effect office setting work flow.
- Analyze software updates that will assist in the transition to the ICD-10 coding system
- Integrate evidence-based data regarding diet, nutrition, and lifestyle into recommendations for patients at risk for prostate cancer or with prostate cancer and assess the effectiveness of low fat diet in reducing prostate cancer risk
- Interpret the data regarding nutritional supplement use in patients with BPH, prostate cancer, bladder cancer and prostatitis AND evaluate methods of incorporating effective holistic options in management / prevention of urological conditions.
- Describe recent improvements in instrumentation and technique for nephrolithotomy that improve outcomes while decreasing morbidity.